If you have used a curling iron, you might be familiar with the different barrel sizes that most irons come with. This barrel size will determine the kind of curl that you can achieve. Choosing the correct sized curling iron can be very difficult and you could make a lot of mistakes while choosing the right one.
But do not worry, today we are going to provide you the information about some popular barrel sizes and the kind of curls you could get from them.
You can find these barrels everywhere you look and depending on the style you want, you can choose the appropriate one.
What are the curling Iron Sizes?
Curling Irons can come in all kinds of sizes but the most common ones start from 0.75 inches and it goes up to 1.75 inches. There are basically 4 different kinds of curling irons, each with a difference of 0.25 inches.
What kind of Curls can you make with the different Curling Irons?
There are different kinds of curls that you can possibly make from different barrel sizes of a curling iron. We have explained about it in detail:
Also check- How To Blow Dry your hair like a Professional?
0.75-inch curling iron
The 0.75 inches (or 3/4″) barrel is pretty underestimated. This is a small size and you might think that because of this size you will get very tight curls. Well, you will be wrong. This kind of curling iron will provide you asymmetrical style.
You can just curl your hair in the same direction and achieve a bigger lock. This sized barrel is pretty easy to use. You can even create romantic curls by rotating the barrel back and forth.
After you are done, just comb your hair and you’ll get an excellent look. This size is great for any hair length and type. If your hair has natural curls then, it is even better.
1 inch Curling Iron
The 1-inch curling iron is the most popular one in the world. If you had to buy one curling iron for eternity, we’d recommend a curling iron with a one-inch barrel. The major reason is this barrel is universally accepted and allows you to have many kinds of looks.
You can create beautiful ringlets and waves with this size. You can simply wrap your hair around the barrel in a tight manner and then create tight spirals in no time.
If you have short to medium hair, then this iron size is totally worth your time. You will get perfect hair, just the way you want it to be.
Also, check- Best Hot Air Brush for Fine Hair
1.5 inch Curling Iron
With a one and a half-inch curling iron, you can get a volumetric curl. It is also perfect for loose curls. You can style your hair like your favorite celebrity. The only caveat here is that the curls will not last you for a long time. This site works best with long hair.
Just make sure to keep the sections small. When you style smaller sections the curls will be tighter. If you want a loose curl, work in bigger sections and vice versa. You can divide your hair into three parts and then style them for a much tight curl.
1.75 inch curling iron
This sized curling iron is one of the best irons for loose waves. You can look like Kim Kardashian with this iron. And you would definitely want that, right? This iron creates tight curls that last a long time. You can also make tighter curls if you want with it.
They appear pretty natural as well. If you have a medium to long hair and want a Kardashian wave, definitely get a curling iron of size 1.75 inches.
Some tips for using a curling iron
- While curling your hair, always start closer to the root and then twirl your hair through the clamp.
- Never curl from the ends of the hair. That will damage your hair and increase the risk of split ends. Style your hair from the middle and work your way to the sides.
- If you want a long-lasting curl then always curl from the roots and keep the heat as close as possible to the base. After you are done curling a section, empty the hair in your hand and allow it to cool. This will help the curl stay tight. You can always go a step further and clip your curls to make sure they last a long time.
- If you want to change the shape of your curl then, hold the clamp horizontally. This simple trick will create an effect that will give you a different style.
- You can try using hair oil to smooth out your curls after you are done curling. Always try to use hair oil that is organic and not greasy. Organic and natural hair oil will provide much-needed nutrients and shine to your hair.
Also check- Beachwaver Pro vs S1
As you can see, there are four basic types of barrel sizes and each of them has their own sets of features. Depending upon the kind of curl you want and the size of your hair, you can choose the appropriate curling iron.
If you are not sure about the style then, you can always choose the universally accepted 1-inch curling iron as it will solve all your problems.