There are many articles everywhere about the ways that you can use to blow dry your hair like a professional. Different people have different opinions on the matter and you can always get overwhelmed with the information.
Thankfully, we are here to filter the information for you. In this article, we will provide you with precise information about blow-drying your hair. There are different techniques to follow.
Also Check- Best Hot Air Brush for Fine Hair
How To Blow Dry your hair like a Professional?
As far as blow-drying is concerned there is one universal set of techniques that you can apply to any type of hair. It is explained below:
Step 1: Section Division
The first thing is to section your hair. It will save you a lot of time. Yes, a lot of people think that sectioning is a waste of time but it actually makes the whole process even faster. Take the time to section your hair out in a proper manner and you’ll save time and also get a great look. We recommend small sections so you have greater control of your brush and the airflow of the dryer.
Step 2: Selecting the look
The style of your hair will require a certain set of tools, products and even techniques. Whether you want a volumetric look or a textured one, you need to have the tools and techniques at your disposal. The different types of looks include Curls, Waves, Textured curls, Shines etc.
Step 3: Getting the right tool
When you have the correct techniques, it is time to now get the tools under your disposal. These are the things that you might want to consider:
Blow Dryer: When you are getting a blow dryer which will be your main tool, you should buy one that meets certain requirements. The blow dryer should be ionic, lightweight, it should come with nozzles. The ceramic Heating element is always recommended.
Brushes: There are different kinds of brushes that create different types of finishes. You should pay attention to the brush that you are using. You don’t want to get a paddle brush and not use it for your style. Depending on the style get the appropriate brush. While using the brush, never put the nozzle directly on the brush. If you do this, your hair may get damaged and frizz may be created.
Also, check- 6 Best Flat Iron For Short Hair
Step 4: Using the right product
The final thing you need is the right product. Proper hair products will protect your hair from heat and create a good hold. Select the product according to the hairstyle you want to create.
Process of Blow Drying your hair
- You can start blow drying your hair by first drying your on medium setting using the heat. When the hair is 80% dry, you can then add heat protecting spray or serum to make your hair feel even better.
- The next thing you need to do is prepare your hair by brushing it and parting in select places.
- Then you need to dry the front sections. Use clips to hold the hair in place. The front section will naturally dry the quickest and we need to style them before they dry completely.
- Part the hair from ear to ear now. Divide it into two sections and dry the hair with large round brushes. You can roll the brush for making a smooth curl at the bottom of the section you are styling.
- Now comes the trickiest part. Create a section from the top of your forehead and all the way around, to meet the opposite side of your forehead. This is a very large section of hair and you can dry this in 5 passes. Just work in sections and work in the horizontal direction.
- While you are drying your hair, there are some things to consider. The hairdryer should be angled down as it will make the hair smooth and even shiny. You can use hair dryers that use certain mineral technology to make it easier.
- You can stop the top section by splitting it into two and blow-dry either around or towards the face.
- This depends on the type of blow-dry finish that you want to get. Remove the clips and there you go, perfectly blow-dried hair.
Things you should consider while blow drying your hair
There are a lot of things to keep in mind while you are trying to blow dry your hair. These things can make or break your hair so, keep them in mind. We are providing you with a list of items that you should never forget.
- It is a good idea to treat your hair with a hair mask before blow-drying. Exposure to heat from the dryer can make your hair strands stressed. If your hair is already damaged then, it will get worse. So, if you have the budget get a good hair mask.
- If you want to increase the volume of your hair, we recommend using a styling spray. A styling spray bulks up your hair roots and gives you volume. It also smells good. Just get any good styling spray and spray it into your hair after drying.
- Do not blow-dry immediately after a shower or a bath. You need to give your hair some time. Let your hair dry naturally for a while or use a towel to get the excess water out. Blow-dry damp hair not wet hair!
- Always remember to apply heat protection scream or spray. We know what heat can do to your hair so, a protective layer to counter that heat is a must. Damage control is necessary.
If you are finding your hairdryer difficult to use then, change it. The right tools are very important.
- Use something from well-known brands. Rotating hair dryers are easy to use and they can provide you good control over your sections. The final outcome will also be impressive.
While washing your hair, use light products. Do not use chemical-filled hair products. Get a natural shampoo or a conditioner. Natural ingredients help nourish your hair and this will provide you with the best blow-dry experience. Also, Never use strong hairsprays. Always use flexible ones with medium strength and least chemicals. You don’t want the grease to build up in your hair.
- If you want your blow-dry to last during the night you can simply twist it in a loose manner into a bun and use a pin to keep it in place. Avoid using things such as hair bands and strong clips as they will not retain the original blow dries style.
Some Tips for blow-drying your hair
- A silk pillow can greatly help with your frizz. When you sleep on a silk pillow, friction is close to none and this will make sure that your blow-dry finish remains intact.
- Always remember to divide your hair into three parts; the top, the middle, and the bottom. Always clip them up before your blow-dry.
- Remember to use the nozzle of your dryer and start from the bottom. Airflow is the key!
- Never leave the brush in one place and then blow-dry. Always roll the brush-up and down.
- You can use the cool button on your blow dryer to keep your hair a bit less dry.
Mistakes you should avoid while blow drying your hair
- You might be using the wrong towel. First, the towel you are you using should be clean enough.
- The second thing is that you should go for a microfiber towel. And do not overuse the towel. Let the hair dry by itself.
- Never immediately start styling. Give your 30 minutes after you have toweled and then begin to blow dry.
- Never lose the nozzle that attaches to your hairdryer. That nozzle is very important. It will protect your hair from excess heat.
- The choice of a brush is also pretty important in blow-drying your hair like a professional. You should use a round brush as it will give you a volumetric and bouncy look.
- A lot of people want to have the volume but they do not give any attention to the root of the hair.
- Do not make this mistake. Always give your roots the care they deserve and the volume will be there automatically.
- No matter which dryer and what brush you choose, do not rush the process. A lot of people don’t have the required patience and they rush through the blow drying process. This is detrimental as it will not give you the required finish and it will also be a waste of time. So, have patience and keep at it.
As with everything, only practice can turn a mediocre home hairstylist to a professional one. But with practice, you need to have the correct tools, the correct techniques, and the correct knowledge. We have provided you with the techniques and knowledge.
We have also urged you about the tools that you need to use. Now the rest lies with you. You need to get the tools that suit your budget and then after soaking in all the knowledge, you need to build your technique. Once you have mastered your techniques, you need to practice and then, no one can stop you from blow-drying your hair like a professional.