There is a serious misconception that short hair is easier to straighten than long hair. While it is definitely true that long hair will take time, time has nothing to do with difficulty.
Short hairs have their own sets of problems that a hairstylist must face so, it is actually pretty stupid to think that short hair is easy to style.
First, short hair is not easy to grab then you have to do shorter strokes and work close to the scalp which is in no way easy.
There are so many reasons why you need to have the best flat iron for short hair while you are straightening it.
Best Flat Iron for short hair 2021
To find the right flat iron, you can definitely check out different reviews but to make it easier for you, we bring you a definitive guide to get the flat iron that can be used in different colors of hair.
- The BaBylissPRO is a flat iron for short hair that comes with a Nano Titanium build. It has good quality and is durable.
- The thin hair straightener has a very slim design that doesn’t tire your hands.
- The straightener is quite flexible as well. It has a pin-straight style with a very fast performing flat iron.
- It provides a very high heat level and gives you excellent straightening results because of the Nano Titanium technology to protect from damage.
- You can use this product to smoothen and straighten the hair, in addition, to create loose, beachy waves.
- Very good build quality
- Provides good heat for straightening
- Nano titanium technology
- The plates aren’t smooth enough in this hair straightener
- This hair straightener comes with Tourmaline Ceramic floating plate that provides a smooth texture to your hair.
- It is lightweight and the grip is designed for comfort.
- It comes with a PTC heater and you can simply turn the power switch for fast warm-up to 365F.
- The hair straightener is compact in size so, it is very compact and portable.
- Non Slip grip for good comfort and grip.
- Lightweight, durable hair straightener for short hair.
- The cable present on this device needs more work.
- The KIPOZI hair straightener provides a very good look to you. It has a titanium flat iron build with a ceramic heater for providing the necessary heat. The total heat output here is 450 F.
- It can transform a frizzy dull hair into shiny and sleek hair without any problems
- The temperature is adjustable so, it can fit all kinds of hair types.
- The two titanium plates deliver even heat and it can reach the temperature of up to 450 F.
- The smooth titanium plates here glide through the hair easily.
- Totally portable. It uses dual voltage technology so, it can be used anywhere in the world.
- Includes a built-in LCD display.
- Has a safety lock design.
- A travel velvet is also present.
- No safety auto-off, you need to turn it off manually when the temperature gets too hot.
- The Berta Mini Hair straightener iron has a size of 7 inch so, it is very portable. The miniature size of 7 inch makes it a perfect device to style your hair.
- It has instant heating that goes up to a constant temperature of 356 F and it can heat everything evenly.
- The Tourmaline Ceramic heating can heat the hair straightener to the required temperature.
- The hair straightener has an ETL certificate and it comes with a one-year replacement, two-year warranty.
- Comes with One year warranty
- Good overall quality
- A bit expensive than some other hair straighteners.
- The little on/off switch present inside the plates may be difficult to press.
- The PHEOBE mini travel flat iron straightener has a 3D floating plate that comes in contact with the hair properly.
- It has a ceramic tourmaline plate for providing even heat that is gentle on the hair. It creates a smooth and shiny hair with no damage.
- There is a 240 dual voltage option and the size is very impressive as well. The portable size here is safe for all kinds of international travel.
- A handle lock is present here to downsize the bulk of the flat iron.
- The iron provides 430 F and it has negative ions to make your hair shiny and healthy.
- This small size flat iron is effective for bangs, short and thin hair.
- It can heat up fast with the PTC heater and has very high heat and temperature.
- The device comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Portable Size inch
- Impressive quality
- Good customer service and warranty option
- Slightly expensive iron
- The design is a bit flawed
- The CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Hair straightening iron have 1,25 inch of infused plates. The plates have ceramic and titanium as the build material.
- There is a new ‘mode’ button with preset temperatures.
- It takes around 40 seconds to heat up.
- There is a limited 2-year warranty with this product.
- The CHI Pro G2 makes shiny and frizz-free hair in no time.
- This device has a stylish, ergonomic design and it is loaded with the most recent technology.
- The performance is superior and it has customization options along with an all digital display.
- The ceramic plates are durable and they will provide you a longer lifespan.
- Comes with good quality plates
- Very impressive design
- The limited warranty is included
- ceramic plates
- Minor heating may be the issue, it takes time to heat properly.
- The grip is a bit slippery.
Also, check- 6 Best Straighteners For Short Hair
What is short hair?
Well, when you think about short hair, you might think of someone like Princess Diana. While technically, you would be correct but the term “short hair” can be quite relative. So, a lot of people need to determine what short could actually mean.
Add to that, there is no exact rule to measure the hair. I mean, you couldn’t really measure it in centimeters. So, we use the chin to measure it. Hairs that are above the ear or below the chin is known as short manes.
Some of the most popular haircuts for short hair include crop, pixie, and buzz cut, these are all short manes. So, for styling hair, you would need the hair to be at least a short mane.
With a short mane hair, you can style it using a straightening iron and do all kinds of experiments with your hair. And in this article, we are going to be reviewing some of the irons for your short hair.
How to Choose a Flat Iron for Your Short Hair?
Choosing the perfect flat iron for your short hair can be quite a stressful business. After all, there are so many variables in place that you need to consider.
Unless you know what you are actually looking for, you might also need to search the market for the best hair straightener. You can definitely keep the following things into consideration before buying a flat iron for your short hair.
Also, check- 6 Best Curling Iron For African American Hair
Type of Hair
The type is the first thing that you need to consider before getting a flat iron for your hair straightener. There are mainly two kinds of hair: Fine or Thin hair and Thick hair. There are other ways of dividing hair as well.
Different people from different continents have different kinds of hair. The Thin kind of hair would need hair straighteners with less heat but the thick hair will require you to increase the heat on the plates.
Also, flat iron with ionic technology is perfect for all kinds while infrared emission technology is also pretty usable.
Temperature Settings and Plate Type
The kind of temperature settings that a flat iron has, in addition to the type of plate is another area that you should consider. We suggest pure ceramic, tourmaline, porcelain ceramic, and Nanoceramic plates.
The reason being, these materials can absorb a gentle amount of heat and they don’t impose any harm to the hair. Fine hairs are super delicate and they don’t need high heat to style them.
For thick hair, we recommend plates made from titanium, titanium ceramic, and tourmaline. Why? because these materials have adaptivity and they can straighten even the difficult to style hair quite effortlessly.
As far as temperature settings, flat iron with temperature setting between 200F to 350F. You need these settings because you need to operate the flat iron according to what your can handle. For thick , we recommend a temperature setting between 350 to 450 F.
Also, check- 6 Best Hot Air Brush for Fine Hair
Size of the Plate
For thin hair, you should have properly sized plates. There are commonly two sizes for the plates; 1-inch plates and 1/2 inch plates. 1-inch plates are the most popular ones. They work excellently on almost all kinds of hair lengths (ranging from short to long).
They come with a universal plate width and can be used to create curls and twists with precision. 1/2 inch sized plate, on the other hand, is perfect for a pixie cut or buzz-cut hair.
These plates can grab short manes in an effortless manner and then straighten them out with perfection. Most manufacturers put mini-sized plates in flat irons.
So, if you have short hair and need a flat iron, get the one with a plate size of 1/2 inch.
Build Quality and Price
Another thing that you should be looking to get from flat iron is to build quality. Make sure the product you are getting has some kind of included warranty. Also, look out for the prices. There are a lot of deals on Amazon so, you can definitely buy one online!
While there are a lot of flat irons available in the market, the way to select the best one for thin hair is quite simple. Just get the one with appropriate temperature settings, plate type, size, inch, and build quality.
The iron styles are pretty handy when you want to straighten your hair and it is actually cheaper than going to a parlor to do the same thing.